Hi Travel Junkies,
Exciting news today, we are finally ready to roll out our new 10xTravel Recommendations tool!
We have been working on this for a couple of months now and we think that you will find it incredibly helpful when planning your next points/miles trip or when you are just looking for inspiration on where to go next.
So I want to take a quick moment to show you how it works.
How Does it Work?
Recommendations is a database of reader-submitted tips that are organized by location on our Destinations map. Think of it like TripAdvisor, but with a slant toward points/miles.
For example, let’s say you want to take a trip to Greece. That sounds lovely this time of year.
If you’re like most other human beings, you probably have dozens of questions about traveling to Greece. Especially if you are using points & miles to book your travel.
Where should you stay? How can you use points to fly between Athens and the islands? Should you blow all your Marriott points and stay at the King George? Or does the Fresh Hotel do the trick for less than half the cost?
Some of those questions can be answered by hopping over to our Destinations map, navigating the page for Greece, and browsing all of the content we have ever created that is related to Greece.
But this current setup admittedly lacks the crowd-sourcing element that you would get with many other travel websites. Articles are cool and all, but what do actual people (other than the 10xT Team) have to say about using points & miles to travel to Greece?
This is where the new Recommendations tool comes in. Simply scroll down below the article section on any Destination Page and you’ll find tips and tricks submitted by 10xT Readers just like you.
Continuing with our Greece example, if you go to the Greece page right now you will find a recommendation from 10xT Reader Sara Carlsson to stay at Villa Ilias in Santorini, which she booked for just 40,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points for a 3 night stay.
Check out that view! (Nice shot, Sara!)
You can sort these recommendations by topic, “like” the ones you find helpful, view reader-submitted photos, and even add a few suggestions of your own! All contributing to what we hope will be an incredibly valuable resource for points & miles travelers just like you.
We are also working on a handful of enhancements that will be rolled out in the coming weeks. So be on the lookout for new features in the very near future.
A few other items to note:
- Submitted recommendations have to be approved before they show up on a page (otherwise this would get bombed with spam). So don’t worry if you don’t immediately see your post after clicking submit.
- The Recommendations area will not show up until at least one recommendation has been submitted for a particular destination. So if you happen to see a destination that is blank feel free to be the first to submit a recommendation!
- We are still building out the Destinations Map so some destinations might not be available just yet.
Bottom Line (Plus a Bribe)
I have two asks of you today:
- Play around with the new Recommendations tool and let me know what you think! You can share your feedback in the comments or email it to me at bryce@10xTravel.com
- Submit a recommendation or two of your own! Your advice could help take another reader’s trip from “meh” to “WOW!”.
P.S. We are putting the finishing touches on our 2019 10xTravel Meetup Schedule right now. A few dates have already been announced in the 10xTravel Insider’s Facebook Group. More to come soon!
Disclosure: 10xTravel has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. 10xTravel and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. You can read our advertiser disclosure here.