In this episode, the 10x team members discuss the Southwest Companion Pass and how to maximize its benefits. The Companion Pass is basically a two-year ‘buy-one-get-one-free’ deal for airplane tickets, offering incredible perks. The team debunks misconceptions about Southwest being a low-cost carrier, reveals how to accumulate qualifying points, and discusses the potential of Southwest’s credit cards. They also strategize how to maximize the value of the Companion Pass, discuss its pros and cons, and consider its potential as a backup option for flights. They delve into Southwest’s credit cards, important rules for applying, and timing considerations.
The Takeoff podcast is brought to you by 10xTravel – a website and community with one simple goal: to help you travel more while spending less 10xT publishes content related to credit card rewards, personal finance, travel, and lifestyle Host Bryce Conway launched 10xT in 2014, but has been a fan and member of the points and miles community since 2011 He is the author of “Takeoff: How to Travel the World for Next to Nothing and How to Fix Your Credit: Do it Once Do it Right Get on with Your Life”, and his work has been featured in multiple national media outlets including Good Morning America, Money Magazine, and ABC Nightline News Tune in to hear the 10xTravel team give you a clear path to entering the exciting world of traveling with points and miles
- Southwest Airlines – misunderstood as a low-cost carrier
- What does the pass offer?
- Earning qualifying points – within a single calendar year
- Potential of Southwest’s credit cards and rules for applying
- Maximizing the pass value
- Using points to purchase tickets
- Pros and cons
- Importance of timing with Southwest credit cards
- The Companion Pass can transform travel experiences
- Southwest credit cards issued by Chase
- Ways to earn the remaining Southwest points
- Leaving a buffer for spend and time
- The Companion Pass as a journey, not just a destination
- Take the free course, use the 10xTravel resources!
- Joining the Insiders Facebook group for more content
- Check out all the resource links, take the free class, and join us in our FB group