Edit: This post has been updated to reflect ongoing changes to Capital One products today. These offers have also since been changed. Please see 10xTravel.com/credit-cards for the most up to date offer details.
Hi Travel Junkies,
Big news today in the world of points and miles involving three cards offered by Capital One.
Here’s what you need to know:
The Capital One Venture card is now offering a bonus of 75,000 miles (worth $750+) after $5k spend in 3 months
- Capital One has introduced a handful of new transfer partners for many of their cards! More info below.
The Capital One Spark Miles for Business is offering a bonus of up to 200,000 miles (worth $2,000) after $50k spend in 6 months (tiered bonus) The Capital One Spark Cash for Business is offering a bonus of up to $2,000 cash after $50k spend in 6 months (tiered bonus)
New Capital One transfer partners, per One Mile At A Time:
- Air Canada
- Air France
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- Etihad Guest
- Hainan Fortune Wings Club
All transfers will be at a rate of 2 Capital One miles to 1.5 miles in the partner airline program. Which effectively makes Venture and Spark Miles 1.5x on everyday spend for any of these partner airlines.
Points earned from Venture, VentureOne, and Spark Miles for Business can be transferred.
What does this mean for you?
- The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card just became a much more appealing option, though I still would not suggest grabbing this card if you are below 5/24
- Note that Capital One Business cards report to personal credit, so they do add to your 5/24 count. I also would not suggest getting these if below 5/24.
——- Original Post—–
For years the Venture card has been one of the easiest travel credit cards on the market due to the fact that their points can do one thing and one thing only; Erase any travel purchase at a value of 1 cent per mile.
Which is great for flexibility, but leaves much to be desired with potential upside. One of the major reasons Venture regularly sits near the bottom of our monthly best credit card rankings.
Today that changes as Capital One has announced the following changes to the Venture card.
Venture is now offering a bonus of 75,000 miles after $5k spend in the first 3 months Those 75,000 miles are worth a minimum of $750 of free travel
(Note that this offer has now changed)
So what does this mean for you?
- Venture just became a better option, but you should still not get this card if you are below 5/24.
- Stay tuned for more details to drop in the next hour or so
Disclosure: 10xTravel has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. 10xTravel and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. You can read our advertiser disclosure here.