Note: Some of the offers mentioned below may have changed or are no longer be available. You can view current offers here.
Social Distancing Saturday is a new series by 10xTravel that shares ideas for how to pass the time while you are doing your part to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by engaging in #SocialDistancing. These pieces will not be directly related to points, miles, or travel, but rather are being shared just to help bring some joy to anyone who needs it in these difficult times.
Happy #SocialDistancingSaturday Travel Junkies!
Today is the day that many of you have been waiting for, the launch of the first ever 10xTravel Easter Egg Hunt!
But before we dive in to that, another quick reminder to schedule a 15 minute video chat with a member of the 10xT team here.
Ok, back to the easter egg hunt.
This is no ordinary easter egg hunt. There is no candy, no eggs, and no aggressive elbowing of siblings while running around the house.
But there is an opportunity to earn a boatload of points & miles! And we think you’ll find it to be the most exciting easter egg hunt you have ever done.
Details and your first clue are below, but first we want to share some quick background on why we are doing this.
- Many major banks are worried about the economic impact of COVID-19 and have decided to cut back on the amount of new credit cards they are issuing. This has led virtually all of them to dramatically slash commissions in their affiliate programs or pause them outright.
- This means that websites like 10xTravel basically lose their ability to monetize credit card affiliate links, leading to a significant loss in revenue across our entire industry.
- But many people are still applying for credit cards via links on our website, so somebody should benefit from this if 10xTravel cannot.
- Which is why we created a system to collect credit card referral links from our readers and randomly distribute them across our site.
- But if we opened this system to anyone and everyone it would quickly be overrun by people who have never heard of 10xTravel before. That’s not fair to our loyal readers.
- So we created a virtual easter egg hunt as a gatekeeper of sorts. Follow the clues, complete the tasks, and you’ll find the password needed to upload your referral links to our site. The faster you complete the hunt, the more bonus points you are likely to earn.
With that said, let’s get started!
The Easter Egg Hunt Begins!
The 10xTravel Easter Egg hunt is officially here! The sooner you solve the hunt, the sooner your referral links have a chance of making their way on our ‘Best Credit Card’ referral list. Best of luck and may the odds ever be in your favor!
When the blue disappears into shades of gray, and rain comes to replace your once sunny day. Don’t forget a silver lining always exists, and in this case, 10xTravel is here to assist.
While we’ve lost most of our affiliate links, it’s not bad news for you. After all, this is the start of an Easter Egg hunt with your very first clue.
If you’re searching for wisdom on where you should look, it’s time to browse somewhere other than a course or a book.
The foundation of 10xT has always been simple, and you know that much is true.
It’s understanding that credit cards don’t necessarily hurt your credit the way Mr. Ramsey says they do.
Whether it’s for a first-class flight or a vacation or two, this conventional understanding makes sense to the Insider crew.
If you’ve been with us since the start, this may ring a bell. But for newer members, no need to dwell. Let the image below be your guide.
And find your second clue hidden inside.
A Quick Word of Advice
This easter egg hunt is certainly no walk in the park. Even I had a little bit of difficult getting through the entire thing.
One piece of advice that I’ll share is this: Pay very close attention to the wording of the clues. Often times there are additional clues hidden in the word choices.
You also will want to use a computer or tablet for some of the steps. That will make more sense as you move through the hunt.
That’s all for today. Good luck!
P.S. A big thank you to Melissa Rogers for putting together this Easter Egg Hunt for us!
10xTravel is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
Editors Note: Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.